Web-Enabled Delivery Of Legal Services
If any organizations are to capitalize upon the power of the Internet it is paramount that they both strategy and innovation be considered.
Change begets change. Strategic and operational planning is essential for all new business opportunities.
At a strategic level, organizations need to establish which clients they wish to serve more effectively or which clients do they seek to acquire through a web-based strategy. This requires an understanding of consumer behaviour on the Net and how consumers makes choices between providers when they purchase legal services.This strategic direction then needs to be supported by an operational review: establishing the processes and people required to successfully deliver such services.
A detailed examination of business process is fundamental if cost-effective and efficient web-based solutions are to be deployed.
Successful solutions will feature an amalgamation of the following attributes:
- “Interactive” legal content delivered through the use of document automation technology and diagnostic tools;
- direct consumer and business interaction with such systems;
- human intervention as required (e.g. legal advice telephone hotlines, EMAIL-based legal advice); and
- cross-platform deliverability (e.g. CD-ROM, the Web, Intranets, Extranets, etc).
The types of action required focus around strategic activities such as the following: options analysis, content analysis, process modeling and business process re-engineering.
Innovative solutions are required if new entrants are to usurp established players. These new systems must enable staff to use their time as efficiently as possible, facilitate the reengineering of archaic legal processes and, where possible, substitute traditional forms of communication with electronic forms such as secure email. One solution that can enable this process is the deployment of sophisticated document automation technology.
It is our belief that a sophisticated document automation system can help revolutionize the way in which legal solutions are delivered, such a system would require to offer the following:
- Consistency of service. Document automation ensures that a legal service’s quality standards remain consistent. This is vital if an institution is to achieve sufficient service level standards for its customers.
- Collaboration. Most legal documents are created in collaboration with other parties (for example, there are often numerous exchanges of documents for review and then counter review). Document automation software enables comprehensive change tracking as well as the ability to control who can do what to a document at each stage of the process.
- Ease of use for staff. Little or no training is required to use document automation software: consequently, document production can be outsourced.
- Ease of use for individuals. Document automation software could be used to help create web based legal services. Here, individuals might produce their own legal documents without requiring the expense of a solicitor.
- Easy maintenance and updating. Document automation enables a legal service to be maintained and extended easily.
We are able to provide a number of innovative solutions that could assist the electronic delivery of legal services:
- Web-Enabled Document Automation Web-enabled document automation is a disruptive technology.
- Workflow automation The implementation of a workflow system alongside Rapidocs enables the tracking of all documents created, and their quality to be controlled via inbuilt authorization processes.
- Content management One of the most important aspects of any information-based resource is the way in which that information is stored and managed. A specially designed content management application can ensure that even the most inexperienced user can access an entire library of legal information simply and quickly,while linking to related “intelligent” documents.
- Bundled legal services Many organizations require an “off the shelf” solution to providing their customers legal services. They may offer such services to generate revenue, as a tool for customer retention or as a marketing incentive to attract new customers. We can create a branded legal information service for large institutions, that includes access to a range of high quality interactive legal documents, an extensive law guide, other relevant digital legal tools, all at low cost per user.